Many people experience tooth staining, but what are the main reasons for Tooth Stains. Surface stains and internal discolouration can be caused by many different reasons.
• Drinks – Unsurprising drinks are the common culprit for tooth staining, drinks such as red wine, Coffee, Tea, and dark fizzy drinks.
• Food – Eating pigmented foods such as berries and curries.
• Ageing – As you grow older your teeth may seem to darken or become more yellow over time.
• Smoking – Tobacco, whether it is smoked or chewed, will cause staining.
• Plaque – If you have built up tartar or plaque, this can stain your teeth.
• Trauma – Tooth trauma will cause a brown, grey or black tint to your teeth.
• Fluoride – Ingesting too much fluoride can stain teeth and give them a ‘mottled’ look.
• Poor Hygiene – If you don’t brush and floss your teeth twice daily, then stains will accumulate.
• Tetracycline – If you have treatment with the antibiotic Tetracycline, you will experience tooth staining.
Get whiter teeth and more confidence!
Getting teeth stain removal or teeth whitening will boost your self-confidence and give you an amazing sparkling smile. Whiter teeth can also make you look younger. If a big day is coming up such as a wedding, interview or reunion your confidence can be boosted by one simple procedure, to make sure you look photo ready. Once you have your teeth whitened it is important to keep on top of it, teeth will stain again. There are a few ways you can try to prevent your teeth from staining in the future:
Avoid staining foods and drinks – Coffee, Tea, Sports Drinks, Wine and the staining foods such as curry or berries.
Use a straw – If you can’t give up your staining drinks then use a straw! It keeps the drink away from your teeth, you can even drink tea and coffee through a straw, it might seem odd however to keep your teeth as white as possible why not give it a try?
Quit Smoking – One of the most obvious options we give to our patients who smoke is to quit smoking. By eliminating tobacco you are eliminating those yellow stains.Leave a reply →